- RSS Channel Showcase 7708673
- RSS Channel Showcase 5902962
- RSS Channel Showcase 7703014
- RSS Channel Showcase 6718415
Articles on this Page
- 11/07/14--09:55: _Misconceptions abou...
- 05/14/15--09:33: _The most awesomesau...
- 05/21/15--07:55: _Developer in a toy ...
- 05/28/15--12:56: _The theme review te...
- 06/09/15--15:18: _I’m open source too
- 04/04/17--14:10: _Vision for the them...
- 10/02/17--12:03: _Thoughts on releasi...
- 01/01/18--09:58: _2018: The year of b...
- 01/27/18--07:32: _Bottled blackberry ...
- 08/29/18--09:24: _When life gives you...
- 09/24/18--06:03: _2018-2019 network T...
- 10/04/18--13:42: _The college era: Th...
- 10/07/18--06:12: _On blogging: What I...
- 10/12/18--09:08: _The Final Comments
- 10/16/18--13:22: _Switching from Word...
- 10/19/18--22:00: _A day in Prattville...
- 10/24/18--09:20: _Pictures of cats
- 10/29/18--12:30: _About Page 2018
- 10/31/18--14:11: _One day, I'll ...
- 11/01/18--12:11: _Day 1 of NaNoWriMo
- 11/07/14--09:55: Misconceptions about the Hybrid Core framework
- 05/14/15--09:33: The most awesomesauce WordPress theme business
- 05/21/15--07:55: Developer in a toy shop
- 05/28/15--12:56: The theme review team’s content creation discussion
- 06/09/15--15:18: I’m open source too
- 04/04/17--14:10: Vision for the theme directory: Part 1
- 10/02/17--12:03: Thoughts on releasing 7 plugin updates in 7 days
- 01/01/18--09:58: 2018: The year of books
- 01/27/18--07:32: Bottled blackberry wine
- 08/29/18--09:24: When life gives you lemons...
- 09/24/18--06:03: 2018-2019 network TV schedule
- 10/04/18--13:42: The college era: Then and now
- 10/07/18--06:12: On blogging: What I regret the most
- 10/12/18--09:08: The Final Comments
- 10/16/18--13:22: Switching from WordPress to a custom CMS
- 10/19/18--22:00: A day in Prattville with Shannon
- 10/24/18--09:20: Pictures of cats
- 10/29/18--12:30: About Page 2018
- 10/31/18--14:11: One day, I'll write a novel
- 11/01/18--12:11: Day 1 of NaNoWriMo
Yesterday, WPMU DEV published an article on WordPress theme frameworks, calling it the ultimate guide to choosing one. I was happy to find that my own Hybrid Core Framework was listed among some great projects. It even garnered some nice scores in the rankings (overall score of 4/5 stars). It’s always nice to see that […]
I know what you’re thinking. OMG, not another long, boring list of “influential” people made by a theme author, wagging it while patting some buddies on the back. I’m not going to do that. Those lists are not unique, having little more to offer that the guy who wrote the same post last week. Really. […]
I’m always excited when WordPress adds a new feature. The first thing I do is try to extend it in some way to do something even more awesome. It doesn’t even matter if I have a particular need for the feature. I’m like a kid in a toy shop, playing around with all the new […]
The WordPress.org theme review team (TRT) has been in the WP news a lot lately, right? Despite various tall tales, urban legends, personal attacks, and flavorful language being bandied about, we’re all a group of regular ol’, standard-built humans trying to make sure WordPress users have really awesome stuff. Some of us have different model […]
The post The theme review team’s content creation discussion appeared first on Justin Tadlock.
What’s one more bit of controversy to drop into the ridiculous and lame archive? ∞
I’ve now been involved in some form or another with the theme review team at WordPress.org since late 2010. Some of that has been as an author, reviewer, and administrator. I’ve been a part of every aspect of the process. I’ve been frustrated as a theme author. I’ve been worried by code quality as a […]
When getting ready to push a plugin update to the world last Monday, little did I know what the week had in store for me. I had no plans of publishing seven updates over the course of a week. I…
Every year, I make an entire list of things I’m planning to change in my life for the new year. Many times, I’ve completed my goals. However, over the past couple of years, I’ve struggled to finish…
Last year, I began the process of starting a blackberry wine. Just before Christmas, I was able to bottle it and give most of it away as gifts. Of course, I kept a bottle of it for myself. It got…
You know, sometimes you just get tired of drinking all that lemonade. August started out great. It was the best month, financially, that I’ve had all year. I celebrated Theme Hybrid’s 10-year anniversary. And, I paid up all…
It’s premiere night at my house tonight, which means it’s time to break out the pizza and soda. With the season premieres of The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, and Manifest, I thought it was time to share…
I’ve taken some time away from my main work this week to focus on cleaning things on this blog. I still have much to do, and I’m only about halfway through everything. Earlier today, I completed the cleanup…
As I mentioned in the previous post, I’m overhauling the blog. This has given me the opportunity to reevaluate many things in my life. I’ve been able to sit and remember some of the great things that have…
19,516. That’s the number of approved comments this blog has amassed over the years. The vast majority of these comments are on some of my more popular WordPress-centered posts. I’ve had a lot of fun over the years discussing…
If you’ve been a long-time reader of my blog, I bet you never thought you’d see the day with a post titled anything like this one. I’ve moved this blog from WordPress to a custom CMS. Before…
My cousin was in town today. As is custom, that meant riding up to Prattville, Ala. and stopping by Bass Pro Shops. We had a pretty fun day hanging out. We took Shannon’s son out for lunch at Steak…
If there’s anything truly good about the World Wide Web, it’s that people can share cat pictures
A bit over 5 years ago I made a promise to not make the updating of my about page a quinquennial event. I didn’t quite live up to that promise. Time passes by quickly. It’s hard to believe it…
An explanation of why I’m taking the National Novel Writing Month challenge this year.
My experience on the first day of my 2018 National Novel Writing Month adventure.